Episode 57 – Freeloading Asshats
If you were hoping for less bad news than last episode, you’re going to be disappointed. But when there aren’t stories about mass shootings, everything else seems thankfully trivial.
Beyond Twitch advertising pornography on streamers’ channels, layoffs at GameStop and Game Informer, Apex Legends loot box controversies, major departures from Bioware, and Marvel’s Avengers continuing to look terrible, there’s new Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars news coming out of Disney’s D23 Expo, as well as some other stuff that might be cool. We have to stay positive where we can.
- Metro Exodus
- Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
- Remnant: From the Ashes
- Apsulov: End of Gods
- Destiny 2
- Resident Evil 4
Movies and TV
- The Boys
- The Sinner
- The Office
- The Venture Bros.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Dark Tourist
- Gordon Ramsay Uncharted
- Blue Planet
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Layoffs at GameStop and Game Informer
- Insomniac joins Sony Worldwide Studios
- Twitch promotes porn streamer on Ninja’s old account
- People on both sides are mad about Apex Legends’ loot boxes
- New gameplay footage of Marvel’s Avengers at Gamescom
- Two major departures from Bioware
- Sam Fisher and Splinter Cell will live on in different ways
- Dead Island 2 changes developers… again
- There’s another Metro game in the works
- Game Freak files trademark for “Little Town Hero“
- The Matrix 4 is happening
- A Breaking Bad movie is happening
- The Uncharted movie loses its director… again
- First look trailer for Disney’s The Mandalorian
- Spider-Man is no longer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe… for now
- Even more Marvel shows coming to Disney+
You are allowed to eat at one chain restaurant (fast food, fast casual, or sit down) and only that one chain restaurant for a year. What do you choose?
This episode’s Hate of the Week belongs to the disappearing middle ground — or gray area — in online debate. Either you hate a thing or you hate anyone that has anything negative to say about a thing. There’s no room for “I see the value of the thing but I do have some criticism of the thing.” It’s the worst.
The Shea Hates Everything Podcast provides 100% correct (and sarcastic) opinions on video games, movies, television, books, comics, and