Episode 53 – Surprise Mechanics
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming! There’s a hefty amount of video games, movies, television shows, and news for the boys to catch up on from the last month, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t willing to spend an inordinate amount of time talking about Harry Potter World, the internet ethics of Google Stadia, and what high school rock bands they played in over a decade ago.
- Desert Skies
- The Elder Scrolls Blades
- Crash Bandicoot Collection
- Resident Evil 4
- Stardew Valley
Movies and TV
- Black Mirror
- Sons of Anarchy
- Parks and Recreation
- The Venture Bros.
- The Lonely Island: The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience
- Murder Mystery
- Don’t Knock Twice
- Paranormal Activity
- Final Destination
- Truth or Dare
- The Woman in Black 2
- The Blackcoat’s Daughter
- Green Room
- So You Think You Can Dance
- More details on Google Stadia
- Bungie lays out the new path for Destiny
- Nintendo gives more details on Pokemon Sword and Shield
- New trailer and details for Pokemon Masters
- That leaked Darksiders game is called Darksiders Genesis
- Thatgamecompany announces new mobile game
- Yooka Laylee is getting a 2D platformer sequel
- Tequila Works announces a new horror game
- The Russo brothers are doing an animated Magic: The Gathering series for Netflix
- Netflix orders new animated series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
- Tom Holland is the new Nathan Drake
- What were the biggest things missing from E3 2019?
- An email asks what music Shea and Kyle are listening to, and were they in garage bands in high school?
Hate of the week belongs to this story about how EA doesn’t like the term “loot boxes,” and instead refers to these awesome, totally consumer-positive things as “surprise mechanics.” Surprise! EA continues to be the worst.
The Shea Hates Everything Podcast provides 100% correct (and sarcastic) opinions on video games, movies, television, books, comics, and